Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blazing

It has been super hot here the past few days. We were definitely rivaling my dad in Iraq. On Monday the temperature in my car was registering at 112. Now, I know that is not the most accurate temperature, but it was definitely 100 + outside. Not too mention the wonderful humidity that we have to face down here in the south. Well, my friend Bonnie had a wonderful idea to run before our swim. I agreed like a fool to go ahead with the run regardless that the sign out front of the Natatorium read 108. Changed into my clothes with my swimsuit underneath my running clothes and headed out for a short run. We got to half a mile and both looked at each other with utter pain in our eyes. That's when we realized that it was time to turn around and get out of this extreme heat. All in all we ran a mile and by god it was one of the hottest miles I have ever run. Believe me when I say, it did not take us anytime to jump into the pool. Silly girls we are :)

1 comment:

candice said...

Jamie,

You really need to be careful!! That is dangerous.