Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Big Boy

My boy is getting too big and I don't like it one bit. He is officially moving out of the toddler stage and into little boy stage. In the past week we have had some MAJOR accomplishments. The first being his new haircut. Yes, P is 2.5years old and just now getting his hair cut. Although he had to sit in his daddy's lap, he did so much better than I ever expected he would. I took him to my stylist, Noel, who did a great job!

Noel had some candy on hand as soon as we walked in. This definitely kept Parker occupied while she trimmed away.

 


The finished product! We didn't want to go too short, just a little trim and cleaning up around the ears and neck.

 
My sweet boy still chowing down on some candy.

 

Parker and Noel! We love the new haircut.

Our other BIG accomplishment this past week is that Parker no longer wears diapers. The child is potty trained. I am so proud of him. To be honest, he pretty much trained himself. He woke up one day and didn't want to wear diapers. So, we have been in big boy undies for over a week now. Of course we have had a few accidents, but that is to be expected. He has actually only had 1 accident during the night!!! I honestly can not believe I have a child out of diapers. Now, public restrooms are a challenge in itself. He always questions me as to why I am covering the toilet seat with toilet paper :)

Parker is my Mr. Independent child who wants to do everything on his own. He now likes to dress himself, which includes picking out his own clothes and put his own shoes on. He can be very opinionated as to what he wants to wear. And to be truthful, he generally picks out clothes that look "fly" as we call it.

His speech has become so clear in the past two weeks, it is amazing. He just talks and talks and talks. Counts, Sings all the time, Knows his ABC's and finally will tell us colors.

I am so proud of my beautiful, smart, independent, loving Big Boy! He truly amazes me every single day.

No comments: