My sweet boy turned 2 last week. I know that we all say this, but honestly where has the time gone? Just seems like yesterday I was planning his first birthday party, giving birth to him, finding out I was pregnant. World, you really can slow down a bit.
P's actual birthday fell on a Thursday, so we didn't celebrate until after school/work. I rushed home to get all of his presents set up before Ben brought him home from school.
We didn't get him terribly much. 3 Books, fire truck, blocks and a money jar (he loves to put money in Bens jar, so we figured we would get him one of his own) and a tent from Ikea
.
This is Parker's expression coming in the door and seeing his gifts. This year was much more fun than his 1st birthday. He actually realized a bit what was going on.
After opening his presents from me and Ben, we headed to the pool to celebrate with grandparents, aunts and cousins!
I just had to make my baby his own birthday cake. I think I did pretty darn well if I must say so myself.
4 of Parker's cousins were in town to celebrate with us!
Papa and Nana were there to celebrate with us!
Daddy Jim playing with his grandchildren in the pool. He had Parker dumping water on everyone's head, including his own.
After the pool, we all headed back to our house to eat cake. This was probably my favorite part of the whole day. This boy loved every minute of us singing Happy Birthday to him. We actually had to sing it to him twice.
After singing, Parker dove into his cake. He didn't want to wait for us to cut him a piece. This was so much better than his 1st birthday cake reaction.
Needless to say, I think he had a pretty darn good day. I probably should have stopped right there, but I just had to throw him a birthday party.... That will be my next blog post!



1 comment:
He's so precious! So sad we missed his party! :(
Post a Comment