Ben and I decided to find out the gender of our baby this go round, but we wanted to do it a little different than finding out in the doctors office, although that plan went out the door (another post for that story). We decided to have a baby reveal party with our family and close friends. We had everyone over Saturday evening for a little cookout and the BIG REVEAL. My sisters were unable to make the party, so we Skyped with them so they were able to hear and see what the baby's sex was.
Ben grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and I made corn on the cob and Granna (my mom) made a delicious salad.
I didn't do too much for the party, as far as planning goes. I had a cake made by Lacey Loo's Bake Shop, which was delicious, dad everyone write down a suggested name, and played a little game with old wives tales. Other than that it was just a relaxing evening hanging out with everyone eating and drinking.
When our guests arrived we asked everyone to write down a name for a boy or girl that they would suggest. We later read what everyone had written down after the real name was revealed.
I also had our guest near and far predict what the sex of the baby would be, as you can see a GIRL won. We also had a list of 16 Old Wives Tales that we read. According to the tales I should be having girl.
After about 2 hrs of waiting we finally cut into the cake. I had everyone anxiously waiting!!
Getting ready to cut the cake.....
The big reveal is......
IT's A BOY
The cake was simple, but beautiful. I love the ombre look inside.
We had one more surprise for our guests. We had the name of the baby underneath the cake. So, once we finished eating the cake it was revealed for everyone. We actually only ate half of the cake and removed it to another plate to reveal the name.
JAMES "OLIVER" WILSON
Needless to say, we are thrilled to be parents of 2 boys. I can not wait to see Parker and Oliver grow up and hopefully become the best of friends. Let's just hope this one comes out looking a little like his mother :)







5 comments:
Hooray! I should have known that James would be in the name! Aengus is Aengus James! Declan... Benjamin Declan! Let's start planning synchronized girl names now, shall we?
The is too funny Katy. Let's see, if I were to have a girl it would be Hastings Cate. I bet you could come up with something to match :)
Maeve O'Connor or Josephine Durnin or Clara... Those are our girl names!
OH my goodness!!! I am so excited for ya'll!!!! Wonderful news!!!
How adorable! Love the party idea and so excited for you two!!
Post a Comment