Ben and I decided that we would find out the sex of our second child, but we wanted to do it in a different way than in the ultrasound room. So, when we went in for my 20 week (really 21) ultrasound we were very adamant about not wanting to find out the sex. We told the ultrasound tech numerous times that we wanted the gender of the baby kept a secret until we had our baby reveal party. The plan was for the tech to put the ultrasound pictures of the baby revealing the sex in an envelope and we will deliver to the baker so she could make the baby reveal cake. Well, of course it would be my luck that I get the newbie tech who needs a whole lot of training in keeping her mouth shut. As we are about to walk out of the room she hands Ben the envelope and says "here's your it's a boy, oh did y'all hear me say that?"
YES WE DID HEAR YOU.
I was so upset the rest of the day. I was hesitant to find out in the first place and it was just not the way I wanted to find out. Yes, I realize that at least I had a healthy little boy with no obvious problems that I should have been rejoicing over, but this hormonal girl was an emotional wreck the rest of the day. I almost threatened to call off the reveal party.
Well, my mom must have felt bad for me because she did something completely out of the ordinary for her and called the clinic and complained, unbeknownst to me at the time. The clinic manager called me later that day to apologize and offered for me to come back in to receive another ultrasound, this time with a much better ultrasound tech. One reason I was upset with my first ultrasound was because the last time I had seen the baby I was 8 weeks pregnant and he was the size of a pea, if that. The 20 week ultrasound is supposed to be the fun one where you get to see the face, hands, feet, etc. Well, this tech did a horrible job at pointing out body parts and never tried to get my stubborn baby in a better position so I could see his sweet profile. My moms phone call did make a difference, because this week I got to go back and see sweet pictures of Oliver.
Moral of the story: wait until you deliver to find out the sex. Way more exciting that way!!!
2 comments:
Oh No! I'm so sorry! We didn't find out with Declan at 20 weeks but when we had the 3d us at 32 weeks and went home to watch the video, we saw a little golf ball float into view. Little girls don't have scrotums so we pretty much figured it out on our own. We decided to find out the sex with Aengus and it was much more exciting to have someone tell us when we wanted to know. It's exciting no matter what but when your hopes and plans are dashed and expectations aren't met, it's pretty disappointing.
Still, I LOVE that you are having two boys. I wish every mom could have the opportunity to witness the joy of brothers.
Post a Comment