Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

We have Bunnies!

Today we were working in the yard when we heard a screech coming from the corner of the yard. We looked over and Pippa had unburied a family of baby bunnies. As far we can tell there are only 3 bunnies. One got so scared it jumped pretty far away from its siblings, so Ben scooped him/her up and put it back in the hole.  Now, all Pippa wants to do is go out back. I wonder why???? Olivia wants me to keep one and raise it for a pet so we have one for Easter pictures.  I better be careful though, before I know it I could have a yard of bunnies the way they multiply.


They blend in pretty well in the mulch. On top of their burrow is a bunch of rabbit hair. I wonder where their mommy is? Do bunnies nurse from their moms? Do you think the mom will come back since we handled one of them?





We marked off the area and tried to block them off from Pippa. Don't think it will work so well. Parker is pretty fascinated with them as well, as all little boys should be.


Here she is, killer herself. Alright, she didn't kill one, but she sure would like to "play" with one.

Pippa standing guard. I guess she will be off limits from the backyard for a while.

No comments: