It was easy to come up with a first birthday theme, because Parker LOVES dogs. I am not the creative one in the family, but I was determined to do everything for this party on my own. Well, with the help of some family and friends.
The "Treat Table" consisted of homemade cookies, cupcakes, birthday cake, scooby snacks, dog treats (little cookies I made) and puppy chow (cereal).
I wanted a very simple cake for Parker, so I made a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. I made the flag pennant out of scrapbook paper and ordered the straws from this great shop.
I worked on these cookies for 3 days. On the 3rd day I FINALLY figured it out. They turned out pretty yummy if I must say so. My Mother In Law made the dog cookies and I decorated them.
Paw print cupcakes and bone treat cupcakes that my mom made. The Bone is made out of brownie.
Party favors were the dog bone and puppy cookies that I made. I got ordered the bags from the same place I got the straws.
Of course we had to eat hot dogs for lunch.
I strung pom poms to make a garland.
I strung 12 months of picture and for table toppers I had real dog bones in glass containers.
Olivia made the Parker pennant banner for me and I made the pom poms and banner on the high chair.
He was not into his cake. I should have put a bowl of ice cream in front of him. It also did not help that he was tired and cranky from 1yr old shots the day before.
Notice the Adorable puppy outfit that he is wearing. Thanks to Olivia for making him his birthday outfit. It is by far cuter than anything we could have purchased and way more meaningful.
And this pretty much sums up Parkers smash cake experience.
2 comments:
Super cute party! Good job "J"!
Precious puppy party!! Hate we had to miss!
Post a Comment