Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Team In Training


Well, I have signed up again to train and fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This will be my fourth event, but my 3rd time to run in the Nike Women's Marathon. I am training with Olivia and I could not be more excited.

I originally signed up with Team In Training in 2007, not knowing anyone close to me that has battled or was currently battling a blood cancer. In the past year, 3 people in Ben's family have battled with a blood cancer. I am going to train and fundraise in honor and memory of these family members.

I realize that it is alot to keep asking friends and family for donations, but I have witnessed first hand how the money that one donates goes directly to the patient. Some of the money even stays local to assist families. Plus, I did take off last year from fundraising so you all got one year reprieve from me begging for money!!

Please check my site often for I will be  updating it with my progress with training and fundraising!







No comments: