The plan was to start me back on pitocin at 7:00am, but alas I did not need any because I was dilated at an 8 and moving right along. My wonderful nurses Amy and Julie said that I would start pushing very soon. I all of a sudden had this huge rush of emotion come over me and could not believe that shortly I would be holding my baby. All of the visitors left the room except for my mom, sisters Lindsey and Carolyn and Ben.
At 9:15 the pushing began. The first few pushes were not very good, but I had to let go of all my modesty and really push. After an hour of pushing the baby whisper was called in because Parkers head was turned slightly and did not want to budge. The baby whisper supposedly could work miracles and get the baby to move, but her powers did not work on my stubborn baby.
The nurses suggested that I try a different position, so I put my 8 years of pilates training to work and positioned myself (all by myself) on my hands and knees. This definitely was not a pretty labor. After pushing that way for a while I laid back down on my back and the Dr. was called in. You know it is really close to time when the bottom of the bed is removed and the Dr. is scrubbing in and removing his lab coat.
I pushed for about 30 minutes with Dr. Rushing and Parker was still a no show. At this time Dr. Rushing pulled out the vacuum suction and about tore his rotator cuff trying to get Parker out. I started to worry a bit when he asked Julie to get the forceps, thank goodness he did not need to use them. I am also thankful and blessed that Dr. Rushing did not call for an emergency c-section.
Finally Parker started to crown and I had to wait atleast 2 minutes, if not more, until I had another contraction to PUSH this big boy out. Talk about painful. Probably the most painful part of the entire delivery. Finally at 11:43 I delivered Benjamin Parker Wilson, Jr. I was so exhausted from the long labor and delivery that it took me a second or so to actually look down and see if I had a boy or girl. To be honest the I did not even think once about the sex of my baby, all I was focused on was getting that baby out of me.
| Hooked up to oxygen and exhausted from the lack of sleep |
| Dr. Rushing getting ready to work hard for his money |
| Hard at work Pushing |
| Finally Parker is here and cousin/nurse Julie tending to him |
| Daddy holding Parker for the first time |
No comments:
Post a Comment