Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birth Story - Part 1

Saturday, July 24th.That day it was blazing hot outside and I spent a good 4 hours in a hot tub, I mean pool. I was 5 days from my due date and it was a full moon that night. Bens sister wanted to spend the night with us because she was certain that I was going to go into labor and she did not want to miss out on the excitement. That evening we went to Thai Garden and I got my favorite dish, chicken with pineapple (someone earlier that day told me pineapple puts you in labor) and it was a 2star in heat. Came home from dinner and I made Ben and Lauren go for a walk under the full moon.

Around 2am I woke to my water breaking. I was not positive that it was my water because it was not a huge gush like in the movies. Surprisingly I was able to go back to sleep and did not wake anyone until 7am. That is when I rolled over and looked at Ben and told him "I think my water broke". He jumped out of bed more alert than I have ever seen him in the morning. I told him that I was not in any pain and did not want to go to the hospital just yet. So, below is a little picture montage of what happened next.


I finished packing my bags
Made Ben make me breakfast, while I showered.
Breakfast consisted of French Toast, Bacon, and Coffee. I would of had more if I had known I was not going to be allowed anything to eat once I checked into the hospital.
An anxious soon to be dad.
On my way to the hospital around 9am.




To be continued...........

No comments: