Last week Ben and I went to California. This was my second time and Ben's first. We had the best time in San Francisco and absolutely gorgeous weather. We left Friday morning and arrived around lunch time in San Fran. Friday night we ate at a family style Italian restaurant in North Beach. Pretty neat place. The owner gives you a free glass of wine while you wait for your table.

On Saturday morning, Ben and I headed to Pier 39 and ate a yummy breakfast, ham and cheese crepes. Then we headed to Pier 33 to get on the boat to cross the Bay to Alcatraz.

View of Alcatraz from the boat. Of course there is a little fog. Wouldn't be San Fran without some fog. Alcatraz was really neat. Got to meet one of the original prison guards that was there when some of the "famous" prisoners were there, e.g. Al Capone & The Bird Man.

After our tour of "The Rock" we headed back to Pier 39 to eat a yummy lunch of Clam Chowder in a bread bowl and visit the famous sea lions. They are so much fun to watch. I could stay there for hours watching these creatures.

On Sunday, Ben and me went to China town for dinner. San Francisco has got some of the best Chinese food in the country.

Me being silly in China town after dinner.

Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge.

Taking pictures with the Pacific Ocean in the background.

Oh, and I ran a half marathon. The whole purpose of going to San Francisco was so that I could run the Nike Women's Half Marathon. Me after the race with my Tiffany's necklace in hand. Raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training and ran a race.
1 comment:
JAMIE! You have to send me a reminder; I would have given money...I am lucky if I remember to put my pants on lately....Camilla keeps me pretty occupied. You didn't mention how you did in the race?
I bet San Francisco was a blast :)
Post a Comment