Well, no picture to go along with this post, but thought I would go ahead and write a blog about my experience tonight.
In Dauphin Island for the night. Ben Matthews, Ben and myself are staying at Katherine's tonight before we head to Orange Beach for the Labor Day weekend. Well, Katherine does not have Internet at her house so we decided to head to the pub to steal some Internet so Ben could do his fantasy football draft. Well, come to find out we are not stealing the Internet but the first people to actually use the service. The owner came over to praise us for actually bringing a computer into the establishment. So, I will now blog minute by minute for 10 minutes of my experience in the "local" Dauphin Island Pub.
9:49 - Ben is trying to play some music on the juke box. Horrible song selection. Some R&B crap.
9:50 - more drunk rednecks than I have seen in a long time. too many cut off shirts on men.
9:51 - Scottish owner in background playing darts. No one tending the bar. Must mean free drinks!!! Who am I kidding.
9:52 - Finally Ben put on a good song. Blues Travelers
9:53 - Ben back at table. Wants to inform us that the horrible R&B song was not him. Yeah Right. Drunk man just fell over, plus he is wearing a cut off shirt. ouch.
9:54 - Guy on back deck smoking a bowl. What!? Where are we?? Wait a minute, he is rolling a joint. Am I witnessing this?
9:55 - Bartender back in action. Maybe it is time for a refill. Bud Light Lime please!
9:56 - Drunk sleeveless shirt man stumbles. Great entertainment.
9:57 - Things have quieted down a bit. Nothing too exciting to report.
9:58 - Ben singing me "Ocean Front Property". How romantic.
9:59 - All the action has died down. 10 minutes of fun. Got to run to the bathroom now.
Oh, how I love blogging in a bar. Actually my first time doing so. Reminds me of being in a Internet cafe in Europe. Aahhh, I want to go to Europe.
J
2 comments:
"Drunk sleeveless shirt man stumbles" You should really keep Ben from acting like this...
Don't you just love Dauphin Island? I probably know half of those people too. I hope yall had a good stay. See you in the O.B.
Post a Comment