Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grocery Getter

This car has been with the Algie family for many years. It originally was my father's who let me drive it while in college when mine was stolen and now it is the Wilson's. What great memories I have of this old car. My friends always called it the grocery getter. I believe the Wilson's call it the silver bullet. And I think my dad just called it a trustworthy car. We have no clue how many miles this car has on it because the speedometer stopped ages ago. I do know that it is waaaaaayyy over 200k. My favorite memory of this car is when I was driving it at college and the blinkers did not work. Alicia and I would hold our arms out the windows doing the turn signals. The picture above was recently taken in South Carolina while Jeff and Carolyn were participating in a triathlon. In the car is their entire clan.. What a picture. Its the Griswalds meet the Wilson's.

1 comment:

jlindsey said...

That's pretty damn funny J!