For Oliver's first birthday I went with the theme of "Oh The Places He'll Go". Once i finally decided on a theme it was easy to plan his party. I used lots of maps to decorate. I made his party hat from a map, the banners from maps, Wrapped bricks in maps, hung them on the wall and used them for cupcake wrappers. I actually found the cupcake wrappers on etsy and the Oh The Places He'll Go banners from another blog.
Instead of spending lots of money on a birthday sign I decided to make my own. I got a piece of foam board and spray painted it with chalkboard paint. Then I had cousin David write all the information on the board. He is much better than I am. Believe I tried several times.
I strung pictures of Olivers first year printed from Instagram. I found this cool site www.printsagram.com to print my Instagram photos. I find myself using my phone and Instagram more so than my big camera. I tend to capture more of the "in the moment" photos this way.
Another diy project I did was Oliver's cake topper. I saw on Oh Happy Day blog this adorable cake topper. It was super easy to make. My only advice is to decorate and place it on top of the cake right before the party starts or before you put the cake out. My 1 fell over before the party start :( Hence the smudged frosting/sprinkles.
And, Oliver successfully smeared cake all over his mama!
Happy 1st Birthday J.Oliver.
"Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!" ~Dr. Seuss



















1 comment:
super cute! Just like Oliver!
Post a Comment