Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Farm to Table 30th Birthday Party

At the end of June I threw Olivia a 30th Birthday dinner party in my backyard with the help of Haylea and Chris. It turned out beautiful and was even better than I could have imagined. The weather was gorgeous and the company even better.
She wanted a farm to table theme so I hired a cater to cook a mostly organic meal and purchase the majority of her products from the local farmers market. I purchased the flowers from the Brosmers at the farmers market the day before and Haylea got Hydrangeas from her moms yard. The cake was done by my favorite baker, Lacey Loo and we even had a musician come play the guitar for a few hours on the deck.



  I saw on one of my favorite blogs the idea for the place card. The candles were purchased at the dollar store and then Haylea wrote everyones name on the jar. It served two purposes. Letting people know where to sit and light for when it got dark.

 

 



We rented the dinner plates from Art and Soul at Interior Market Place. Each place setting was different!





The food was delicious. Chicken, tomato tarts, deviled eggs, salad, marinated corn, beans and peppers.

 Olivia's friend Laurie Pop gave her a bottle of homemade pear sparkling wine.

 
Me and the birthday girl! Doesn't look a day over 21.


The hostesses. Me, Haylea and Chris!

 
The aftermath. If I must say so myself. I think we did a pretty darn good job and fun was had by everyone!

No comments: