I have been wanting to host a summer dinner party in our newly manicured backyard for a while now. This past Saturday I did just that with great friends, wonderful food and absolutely beautiful weather. Everything turned out perfect if I must say so myself. I have a feeling there will be more of these in the near future.
The menu:
First Course - fresh bruschetta. Got some fresh loafs of bread from the farmers market and Olivia so graciously made the tomato topping from fresh local tomato's and basil from her garden. So yummy!
Second Course - Hydroponic lettuce (grown locally), local peaches, feta, and purple onion drizzled with a red wine vinaigrette.
Third Course - Homemade pizza! Cooked on the Green Egg. Thanks to my mom for making the pizza crusts.
Fourth Course - Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in Waffle Cones
Thank you all for making it such a wonderful evening. Special thanks to Olivia for helping me get everything together and my sweet husband he worked hard all day preparing the yard, food, house, etc.
4 comments:
Looks great. The salad sounds yummy. I may have to try that.
A blast!!!! Such a perfect night with amazing friends! Seriously, thank you so much for including us...Zack and I can't quit talking about how much fun we had. You are quite the hostess, Mrs Jamie!! Everything was over-the-top beautiful and delicious! xoxo
Thank you so much for having us! What a perfect night! The setting was so beautiful, the food amazing, and the company perfect!
I had so much fun! All the prep work was worth it! Can't wait to have another one soon!
Post a Comment