Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

The past decade

I have seen several other people post about the their past decade, so I am going to follow suit.

2000-Began my second semester of my Sophomore Year at Spring Hill. This was one of my favorite years while in College. This year I had a huge spring break and went on a 10 day cruise with my friend Cherie and her dad. My first nephew Luke was born.

2001-Left in January for my semester abroad with the School of International Training (SIT). Lived in Berlin, Germany with the Gebauers and got to travel to Prague Czech Republic, Zagreb Croatia, and Vienna Austria. Met Ariel and Sarah, which are friends for life. Experienced my host father getting in a plane crash and surviving.

2002-My last semester of my senior year. Lived in one crazy house with 4 other girls. Had my house broken into and car stolen a month before exams. GRADUATED! Backpacked Europe for a month with my friend Will Sanford.

2003-Moved back home and worked as an Assistant Manager at Limited Too. Not a very exciting year. Just hung out at bar after bar in Huntsvegas.

2004- Decided to become an Au Pair in Berlin Germany. Moved with all intentions to be gone for 1 year. Lived with the Zimmerman's and took care of Julia, Maria and Joel. Met two very good friends while living in Berlin, Jessica and Nikki. Moved from Berlin to outside of Munich in Gruenwald. Had friends come celebrate the Oktoberfest with me and traveled to Italy and Berlin with them. Mom met me in London in November. We traveled to Berlin and Rome, Italy. Received a blessing from Pope John Paul II.

2005-moved back home and started looking for jobs in D.C. Met Ben at a bar in February and started dating. Told him that we could not get serious because I was looking to move to D.C. . Well, we all no the rest is history.

2006- Still dating Ben. Both living with our parents. Got a job at 3D Research. Kind of a boring year.

2007- Still working at 3D. I decide in early spring that I am going to train for a marathon. Well, I have never run in a road race at this point in my life. Signed up to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and they trained me to run 26.2 miles in San Francisco. Trained all summer long in the hot southern heat. Took Ben to Europe for the first time. Went to Berlin, Prague, Hallstatt, and Munich for the Oktoberfest. Bought my first house! Finished my marathon. Had a great time in San Fran with my mom.

2008- Got ENGAGED finally. Ben proposed Jan 24th at Spring Hill College. Got a new job with Intuitive Research and Technology. Decided that I was going to train for an Olympic distance Triathlon. Trained all summer again. Completed my triathlon in Washington D.C. (got to swim the Potomac). My Pippa girl was born and we brought her home in April.

2009- What a big year. Got married in May, started training for another TNT race (again in the summer). Honeymoon canceled because of the Swine Flu outbreak in Mexico. Go on a honeymoon in the Abacos with friends. Receive a promotion at work.
Run a half marathon in San Fran, this time Ben comes along. Go to Sonoma and wine country after the race. Buy a new house on a whim. Purchased my car!!! Found out I was expecting the day after the Iron Bowl.

Wow, what a crazy 10 years. Sure has flown by. I am excited about what the new decade might bring me. I turn 30 this year, will be a new mom, will live in my beautiful newly remodeled home, excited about my future with IRTC and all the endless possibilities life will bring me.

Cheers to 2010 and the next 10!!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow Jamie... What great adventures! I was supposed to go to Amsterdam with work two years ago but the trip was cancelled.... but hopefully one day I'll make it to europe!

Carolyn said...

Love the post...may steal the idea!

Laura Leigh said...

How could the year you met me be anything like "boring?"