What a weekend Ben and I had. We were in New Orleans to help celebrate a good friends wedding. What a wedding weekend Boo had. We arrived in New Orleans Friday afternoon and got to visit with our good friends Jill and Ryan before heading to the rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal dinner was held at
Arnaud's.
Arnaud's is an New Orleans restaurant that serves classic creole in the French Quarter. For example, they serve Turtle Soup, which was actually pretty tasty. On Saturday there was a brunch at
Court of Two Sisters, which was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. When we first arrived we were greeted with either mimosa's or bloody
mary's. The entire restaurant was closed off to the public and we had the entire humongous buffet to ourselves. I had the best eggs
benedict and Ben had an omelet. There were so many more options, such as
crawfish, salads, sausages, etc. Definitely a highlight of the weekend.
Then we had the gorgeous wedding. Below is Boo (picture stolen b/c I forgot my camera in Huntsville). She was a beautiful bride.
Boo posing at the ceremony site, The
Benachi House.
The reception was held at the gorgeous Windsor Court Hotel. It was on the 23rd floor and the food was nothing short of amazing. Crab claws, gumbo, fried green tomato's, crawfish quiche, crab cakes, and shrimp just to name a few items. Then there was the most unique cake ever.

Everyone thought the cake was round pillar candles. It was funny to see everyone doing double takes. I hear it was red velvet, but I did not partake in any since I gave up sweets for lent.
It was a great, but exhausting weekend. Got to see several friends from college and hangout in the fun city of New Orleans.
Congrats Boo and Clay!
No comments:
Post a Comment