Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

"To Finish is to Win"


This past Saturday I competed in my first Sprint Triathlon with my sisters Lindsey and Carolyn. What an awesome experience it was. I can now see why people become addicted to endurance races. I am extremely happy with my time, but next year I would like to finish in under an hour (my time was 1hr 9 min). Carolyn, did amazing. She placed 2nd in her age group and 15th overall female out of 156.
I am looking forward to my next race, which is the marathon. I must begin training hard now..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo proud of you James - I don't know if you know this, but my dad died of Leukemia when I was 10 yrs old (28 years ago) and I have been wanting to run this race for a long time myself - please dedicate some of your hard work to him for me and thank you for your care, enthusiasm and dedication for the cause!! You have motivated me to start training for another year! Much love, Sara HOpe the contribuition helps you reach your goals!!