Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stress Fracture

"A stress fracture is one type of incomplete fractures in bones. It could be described as a very small sliver or crack in the bone; this is why it is sometimes dubbed "hairline fracture". It typically occurs in weight-bearing bones, such as the tibia/fibula (bones of the lower leg) and metatarsals (bones of the foot). It is a common sports injury."

Well, i finally went to the doctor yesterday and she confirmed I do indeed have a stress fracture. I am very disappointed in myself that I did not heed the warnings from everyone to rest when my leg began hurting. Hopefully with enough cross trianing I can still complete the marathon come October.
So, I wil be doing alot of swimming and biking these next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the injury, but I am so proud of you for taking on such a wonderful cause. It was great to get your letter and for thinking of us. We are doing great in SC and think you should just run up here for a visit. :) Good luck and I hope your leg heals quickly! Love, Kate McClure