Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thanks George for the inspiration to start running.

About a month ago my friend George competed in a Iron Man in Arizona. I spent the entire day tracking his progress and even stayed up to 12 to watch him cross the finish line. While watching all these people cross the finish line I thought to myself "I could do an endurance race." Well, 2 days later I received a brochure in the mail on The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training. A sign right? Well, after reading up on the organization I decided to join the team and train for the next 5 month to run in a marathon. The organization sets you up with a trainer in return of me raising funds for the foundation.
So, here I am. About to begin my 5 months of intense training in the Alabama heat. No more Friday nights for me since I will be getting up at the crack of dawn to run on Saturdays with my coach.
I will be posting my progress a few times a week, so everyone please check back and help cheer me on. There will be times that I will not want to get out and run, but will need a little push. Please tell anyone and everyone about my new blog and especially visit the link below to DONATE. I have $3,740 to go.

2 comments:

Gigi Henson said...

YAY....you know that I'll cheer you on :) I'll also be helping you to meet that donation goal!!!

candice said...

I wish I could do it as well! (Stupid Shows) I think I will train for the hell of it....Ok maybe not. I will just cheer you on. HA